Did you know memory loss is not a side effect of aging? Despite how many years we accumulate, a healthy brain should be able to maintain a well-functioning memory. This may come as a surprise to many, as it sure seems that the older we get the harder it is to remember all those little details.
The good news is, for most healthy adults, a little memory slippage can be easily reversed with some minor changes to your routine and new habits. Just like your other muscles, you can strengthen your memory and improve its abilities.
Best of all, most of the steps academic researchers suggest for memory improvement can be fulfilled at the library; meaning that taking steps towards improving your memory is simple, local and free.
Five of our favorite memory-improving recommendations are:
1. Increase your daily level or socialization. Meeting new people, remembering names and faces, and conversing about shared experiences are all great ways to work out your memory.
2. Challenge your brain. Trying to remember facts and information you already know helps your memory to develop faster information recall.
3. Learn something new. Learning a new skill is one of the most highly recommended ways for you to strengthen those memory muscles. It can be something as simple as driving a different route home from work or as challenging as learning how to play an instrument or speak a new language.
4. Exercise. Total body health is important. Your mind is more likely to stay healthy when your body does.
5. Read! Reading keeps your mind growing.
Some other things we think you might find interesting
We recently caught up with Alex Howard, an experienced business manager and software developer, to discover more about AAH Software Ltd. and what its like being part of the Norwich Research Park business community.
What does AAH Software Ltd do?
Let's start with some statistics.
According to a Mckinsey study, one year after the first Covid-19 spike, in Feb'21, nearly 13 - 17% of all outpatient visits continued to be through Telehealth. This is
AAH Software has received a Cyber Essentials UK government-backed accreditation demonstrating that it operates to robust IT security standards.
The company - which builds and hosts databases and remote research platforms for businesses and medical research organizations - has al